— Canada (@Canada) November 11, 2018
On this day, we would like to thank our Veterans who have fought and continue to fight to protect our rights, our country and our quality of life for years past and years to come.
Thank you for your sacrifice, your service, pride & bravery.
Today we honor you, but every day we live freely because of you.
There are Remembrance Day Ceremonies in all municipalities, and if you’re wondering where you can go – here are some options for you:
- City of West Vancouver at Memorial Arch in Memorial Park – Marine Drive between 19th Street and 20th Street
- City of North Vancouver at the Victoria Park cenotaph / District of North Vancouver at Cates Park (Whey-ah-Wichen), 4131 Dollarton Highway
- City of Vancouver at the Victory Square cenotaph at West Hastings and Cambie Street.
- City of Burnaby at the cenotaph in Confederation Park (Willingdon Avenue at Albert Street)
- City of Coquitlam at the Winslow Centre (1100 Winslow St. & parade to the cenotaph on Veterans Way at Blue Mountain Park)
- City of Port Coquitlam at the Wilson Centre – 2150 Wilson Ave, Port Coquitlam to Veterans Park – 2580 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam
- City of Port Moody at the Kyle Centre (125 Kyle St.), followed by a parade to the Port Moody Arts Centre (2425 Saint Johns St.) for the 11 a.m. cenotaph ceremony
- City of New Westminster at the City Hall cenotaph (511 Royal Ave)
- City of Surrey at the Surrey Centre Cemetery at 16671 Old McLellan Rd. The Cloverdale Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion is also hosting an event at Veterans Square at 17710 56A Ave.
- City of Langley / Township of Langley at Douglas Park Cenotaph (20550 Douglas Cres.), Fort Langley cenotaph (23105 St. Andrews Ave.) at the Aldergrove Legion cenotaph (26607 Fraser Highway) Murrayville Cenotaph at Murrayville Cemetery (21405 44 Ave)
- City of Abbotsford at the Thunderbird Memorial Square (Veterans Way, behind City Hall and next to Clearbrook Library), and Mount Lehman Anavets Hall (30346 McNeil Ave.)
- City of Mission – Parade begins at 10am École des Deux Rives (7674 Stave Lake St.). The service at the Clarke Theatre (33700 Prentis Ave.)
- City of Chilliwack in Sardis begins with a procession that leaves the Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 280 (5661 Vedder Rd.) at 10:30 am with the ceremony at All Sappers Memorial Park (5571 Vedder Rd.). Downtown Chilliwack at Evergreen Hall 10am, ending at the cenotaph outside the Chilliwack Museum (45820 Spadina Ave.
All ceremony times vary, I would suggest doing a quick Google search to confirm the exact time each event begins to be sure you don’t miss anything.
Lest we forget.